...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

my bike!

I got my bike ridable today and had such fun! I bought a little pump yesterday and got frustrated that the back tire wouldn't hold air because as soon as I would fill it up, the pin would shoot out with all the air. I hadn't ever seen a nozzle like that before, but I finally gave up on it and took it to the bike shop this morning. They put a new tube in and I got a basket added to the front, so now I have an ajumma (Korean word for older woman) bike. It's great! I rode it to the subway station, locked it up, and went to meet a friend for lunch near where she works. I came back a little late, but thanks to my bike, I made it to work on time! Yay! After work, I rode my bike all around - to pay my cell phone bill, to get my bank balance updated on my passbook, to eat dinner at a nearby department store foodcourt, and then used my basket to hold a bag of groceries on the way back home to my apartment. I love it! Thanks to my friend Koh for giving me his bike. I feel like I have new freedom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home