...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Sunday, March 28, 2004

worship

One of Renee M.'s friends from Birmingham, Alabama is here with her daughter to help us out with worship for a month. So, we had live worship (we usually use CDs made into a playlist on the computer) today at both gatherings. It was excellent. Please keep praying with us for a worship leader! There are many, many musically talented people in Korea, they just haven't started coming to our church yet! Lord, bring 'em in!

Thinking of other things I can update you guys on...
Friday, I start work at 12:30 and work straight with no breaks (other than enough time change my materials from class to class) until 7:30. It's my least favorite day of the week, and Fridays are supposed to be days we look forward to! Anyway, I did something different this past Friday. I got up and took a little jog in the opposite direction than I normally go, just for a change. I went down to a local fruit and vegetable market, about a 15 minute walk from where I live. This place is huge, and full of mostly old people. They sell all the fruits and vegetables in season in Korea - in huge quantities. If you want to buy garlic here, you have to buy at least a whole grocery sack full, if not more. They have rows and rows of people who just sell garlic, more rows of people who only sell onions, etc. I had been to this market a few times before, but this time I got all sorts of looks. Maybe it was because it was early in the day...I don't know why I got more looks this time than normal, but it was amusing.

I bought some fresh Korean rice noodles there, they're about as thick as my thumb, called dduk. When I got home, I made dduk bokki for lunch and took it to school. Everyone was so impressed that I had made Korean food, and they all wanted to try it to see how I did. Mr.Moon, a guy who works at our school, said he would invest with me to open up a street stand to sell it to kids after school. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home