...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Thursday, March 11, 2004

laundry

I had a fun experience when I went to pick up my coat from the cleaners the other day. (Note to all those moving to a big polluted city and buying a coat...sky blue shows all the dirt possible.) The man that owns the cleaners said "Oh, Lih-la!". (He asked me to write my name and number in his little record book when I dropped it off.) While his wife went to get my coat, he pulled a note out of his pocket written in English. It said: "Dear Lela, you are always our welcome customer. Thank you. Please visit again." I'm not sure what I did with the note, so that's a paraphrase. He had obviously consulted someone who knew English, or looked up how to write it, because he doesn't speak that much English. It was so cute! It made my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home