...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Saturday, March 06, 2004

winter is jealous

There's a saying here in Korea when it should be getting warm but it's not. It means something like winter is jealous of spring, or jealous of the flowers. Not sure which. So, people are saying that these days. I, for one, am enjoying the rest of winter. I love the snow. It makes everything so beautiful.

Today we had our life group at Kyungwon University. We had a good group. Our girls group had lots of questions as usual, ranging from "why does a good God let people go to hell?" to "why did Jesus have to die on the cross?" Renee and I were trying our best to discuss in English simply, and then we got help from our friend Li-eh who is a grounded Christian. She did a great job (the other Koreans told us) of explaining in Korean.

We went to eat at a Korean food court (kimchi fried rice for me...yum!) and then went bowling. I demonstrated my bowling prowess by getting a 76 and an 87. Wow. Now, I'm at home doing laundry. I finished washing dishes and did some vacuuming (with my vacuum from the trash! it works most of the time.) Now, I need to get some lesson plans done for next week. I also need to practice guitar. I bought one for about 80 bucks this week just to have something to learn on. I just wanna be able to play simple songs to help lead worship in small groups, nothing fancy. Pray for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home