...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Monday, April 12, 2004

hanging up to dry

I was just hanging my laundry on my drying rack and had one of those fun reflective moments. Almost every apartment in Korea has its own washing machine, because there are no laundromats in Korea. (I think I saw one in Itaewon, the foreign section of town, but I'm not sure.) Anyway, if you teach at a hagwon like I do, your school gets you a washing machine. I have one on my closed in porch. So, my windows are partly open, even at almost 11pm, because it's getting so warm here! I am standing near the open window, catching a bit of fresh air, and hanging up my laundry, watching people across the street looking out of their window, and I'm thinking: yay, I love it here! I love changes of seasons, because you so appreciate the new weather. The days have been absolutely gorgeous here, bursting with the promise of spring.

I haven't been studying Korean lately and am feeling like I'll never learn it, but am promising myself I will get back in the swing of at least doing an online lesson or two most days and trying to look over it more in my spare moments on the subway or between classes at school. I really need and want to take a real class, but don't have the time right now. I am hoping to make time in my schedule next year, which seems a long way off in some ways, but time here has gone by so fast.

My friend Kelli is having surgery to remove her thyroid this Thursday. Please pray for her. I am praying for healing so she can keep her thyroid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home