...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Thursday, April 08, 2004

life group

Today my life group at NCD (Natural Church Development, a company we are friends with here in Korea) was so good. I have felt in the past that we were going through the motions, but increasingly lately we have been touching on some deep issues in the hearts of people there, including me. We meet at lunch because I have until 2pm on Thursdays before I have to go to work. There are usually about six girls there. We order lunch in most of the time and then meet after we finish eating. Today, I got there early and made the rounds visiting people. One girl was sitting in the office by herself and I went in to talk to her. I asked her if everything was OK and she told me it wasn't - that things were bothering her about relationships at work. I related some struggles with relationships on the team and we discussed how God uses these opportunities to teach us more humility, to show us we still have pride, and to build our character. At life group, we talked about the first few verses of 1 John 3 - about how seeing more of Jesus, getting a clearer picture of Him will change us. We will want to be more like Him, more pure and more holy the more we can see Him. That led us into a discussion of what it means to see Jesus. Most of us had gone to see The Passion of Christ on Saturday together, so that gave us a new perspective on His submission and how He layed down His life for us. It was so good to hear these girls' hearts, how God had been speaking the same things to each of them this week, and pray for each other. Thank You, God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home