...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Monday, December 27, 2004

white christmas!

Wednesday, we left Austin and drove to Abilene. A cold front came in that day and we had snow when we got back to Abilene! I remembered how much driving in even half bad weather is not fun at all, but the snow was lovely. My cousin Audra ended up staying with us one night since she didn't want to drive in the weather and we had a fun night with her at my parents' house.

The next day, the roads had cleared out enough so Audra and I drove to Whitharral, where my Dad's family lives. I got to stay at my cousin Sarah's new house. She made a yummy dinner and I made an almost-as-yummy dessert. We had Christmas at my Gramaw's house on the farm. The snow melted away on Christmas, but that made for nice (if slushy) walking on the dirt roads after Christmas lunch. I didn't have any fun saying goodbye to my family out there. It wasn't made any better by my cousin starting to cry, then making me cry when I left!

I went to church this morning at the church I grew up going to, where my parents still grow. I hadn't been there in years, and it was good to see some people I knew there and then at lunch afterwards at a nearby barbecue restaurant. That's one of the fun things about coming back to your hometown...a lot stays the same, and there are still a lot of people I know. One friend of the family came up to say hi to me after church today and commented, "I think missions and being overseas might just be in your blood now." I guess she might be right. I sure love being back in Texas, but I can't imagine living here again yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home