...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

thanksgiving and an amusement park!

We had our dinner on Saturday, had a good crowd of foreigners and mostly the young Korean crowd from church join us. We scored a turkey, which I was very excited about, and Christy made some tasty dressing and green beans. I made some corn casserole, chocolate crackle cookies, and chocolate mice. Yummy times! I was thinking that we wouldn't have enough food, because I was pretty sure that the people coming would mostly bring desserts. They did, but we still had PLENTY of food, glory to God! We even made take home bags of all the portable stuff for people to take as they left.

Yesterday was one of our friends who was here for a few weeks last day. Jim Bob called around 12 to let me know we were going to Everland, a local amusement park, as a going away party. I hadn't planned on spending the rest of the day out of pocket, so I was taking it easy, starting to cook and clean for the ladies group I was expecting for lunch today. Of course, I couldn't pass up Everland, even with only an hour's notice, so I wrapped things up to go along. There were four of us and we had a grand time. We all left feeling at least a bit woosy after riding so many rides back to back. There was hardly a wait for anything, so we packed all the rides we could in. Most of them involved some sort of spinning, so our tummies didn't thank us. They had it all decorated for Christmas, with all the Christmas music playing on the rides. It was lovely. Now I'm really ready to go home and spend Christmas in Texas!

So, when I got home, I had a lot of cooking left to do, but I got ready for Shannon's ladies group to come over for lunch today and we had a fun time talking. They thought it was fun to see my house and I was glad they got a chance to come over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home