...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Friday, November 19, 2004

events of the week

Well, another week in Suji has flown by! Sunday when I got in from Hong Kong, the group from church had finished eating and was at a nore bang (karaoke room), so I got to join them. I was so happy to see everyone after my week of travelling on my own.

Monday, some of us went bowling. I only fell down once and even made a few spares! Tuesday morning, I rode my bike over to my friend Koh's house. His mom had invited me over to learn how to make kimchi after I expressed an interest. It's pretty potent stuff. She already had everything ready, so I had the easy part of just cutting and then mixing the sauce together. After that, we got our hands in the sauce and rubbed it all over the little cabbages, then made them into little balls and put them in the storage containers. They had to "sleep" for a day before we can eat them, so I haven't tasted it yet.

Wednesday, we had a prayer focus for North Korea instead of our normal prayer time for the church. It was really powerful for me to pray with my friends for that country, but we didn't have any of our Korean church members come. Pray that we'll have more unity with the Westerners and the Koreans in prayer together!

Yesterday, Inah, Laura, and I went to a palace that I hadn't been to before in Seoul. It was really beautiful, with all the leaves changing and everything. After that, I went to a dinner with my friend Okja at her new workplace. She's working at a company that sends aid to North Korea! We got some good Korean studying in after dinner at a cozy coffee shop. She's such a great friend to give up her time to help me practice my Korean.

I've been in the cooking mood this week. I made some tasty beans, a fruit cocktail cake, baked some sweet potatoes, am in the process of making some chicken chili soup, and even made some Indian fry bread. Yummy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home