...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Friday, November 12, 2004

hong kong, part 2

Well, it turned out that I didn't have such great access to internet at the conference. They had a great room set up for it, but you had to have your own laptop and I didn't bring mine. Anyhow, it was really good to meet up with so many different people from all over the world - India, Russia, Thailand, Australia, England, Bangladesh, just to name a few. They kept saying "We're family here," calling the leaders the leaders of the conference "uncle so and so." My roommates were four people from Houston, Texas, and one lady who was Korean, living in China. What connections! We had a good time together.

It's always eye-opening to me to be able to see what God is doing in nations all over the world. It's inspiring to hear their stories, hear them talk about what is happening in their cell groups, their church, how they are impacting their communities. Wow. I love being exposed to all the languages, all the different accents of English, and all the different personalities. Good times.

Yesterday in worship, one Japanese father and daughter shared a song that they had written in Japanese. They translated it to English to share at our conference, and it really impacted me. We usually think of Japan as being such a hard country, not open to the gospel, but to hear the passionate heart of these people, to see their excitement and love for the Father in worship brought tears to my eyes. I was moved to pray over Japan as they sang, and then thought in my head: I should pray over other unreached nations, too. But, the gentle voice in my heart said, no, just focus your prayers on Japan right now.

Now, I am staying at a little hostel in the heart of Hong Kong for two nights. I plan on cramming in some more shopping and sightseeing before I head out on Sunday. More later!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

Sounds like a great experience -- take some pictures and post them when you get back!! :-)

1:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home