...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Monday, October 25, 2004

autumn fun

This morning, six of us went up to the top of the mountain on the edge of Suji. It took us maybe two hours to get all the way up there. At the top, there's a rock face with a thick rope to help pull yourself up and keep your footing and then you get this most magnificent view of both Suji and Suwon, a city near us. It's really excellent, especially today because the leaves are finally changing and the mountains were a mix of green, red, and orange. We made it back down for Laura and Adrielle to get to work just on time. I got to come home, take a hot shower, and make a tuna fish sandwich. Yum. I was about to fall asleep reading when JB called after he got off work to see if I wanted to go on a picture taking adventure with him. At first, we thought we'd go to a secret garden I heard about, but then we decided on the much closer central park of Bundang. It was also beautiful. We got there as the sun was going down, making the red maple leaves glow. (I'll have to get him to email me the pictures, then I'll share.) We walked through the park and then decided to go a nearby Bennigans to have an extra yummy dinner. Chicken and beef quesdillas for me and a Monte Cristo sandwich for him. Living in South Korea is actually quite the life, wouldn't you say?

3 Comments:

Blogger RD said...

Lela,
I'm reading it! I enjoy keeping up with what's going on with you.

In response to your previous post, I think one of the ongoing challenges of church planting in foreign countries is always encourging local leadership ... always fostering an environment where the local people are trained to lead and disciple. The language barrier can be such an obstacle to that goal - an obstacle that we are going to be very familiar with soon! I just started listening to my Thai cd's on my way to work - hoping to get a head start!

Rebecca

3:20 AM

 
Blogger Jenni said...

Sounds gorgeous -- it is still very green here in Texas....maybe it will cool off soon!

11:14 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Keep up with that language learning, Rebecca! It will make a difference in learning it when you get there. I listened to my first tapes a few months ago and was so surprised that I knew most everything on them now - and they seemed SO difficult when I first started!

4:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home