...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Monday, October 18, 2004

new place

I moved in to my new place last Wednesday, but until yesterday, it didn't really feel like I lived there. I had to work on Thursday, so I had to go back in to Seoul. On Friday, my first day off, I met some friends really close to my old apartment for lunch, then spent most of the afternoon reading and people watching at Seokchon Lake, the spot where I used to go jogging. I hadn't gone there very often to just sit and enjoy the weather and the people, so that was fun. Friday night, I went to study Korean with my friend and then met some more friends to shop at Dongdaemoon, the clothes mall that stays open until 5am! We left at 1am and it was still pretty crowded. Saturday was life group, so I got back on the subway again to head into the city. Afterwards, I bought some fabric for curtains to hang up over my big window, then came back to Suji to watch a movie on Adrielle's new DVD player. Sunday was really nice, because I was already in Suji for church.

Today is my first really free day, and I am totally enjoying it. I went for a little jog around my new place, made some coffee, cut out my curtains and took them to the dry cleaning place to have the seams sewn (no sewing machine, or I could have done it, but it's not too bad to pay a few bucks a curtain and get someone else to do it). Now, I am writing this post at a PC bang (literally PC room - mostly used for people who like to play fancy computer games). I might wait to get internet at my apartment until January, since I'll be gone a lot during November and December.

My new apartment is really great. It has two rooms, sort of. When you first walk in, there's a little bedroom area (with no door, but still separate) on the left. There's a little hallway with the kitchen on one side and the bathroom on the other, and then there's the living room. There's a nice big window at the end that looks out over a creek. There's not a closet (that's pretty normal for Korean houses), so I didn't have a place to put my clothes except for folded up on shelves, but I prayed that I could find one in the trash and I did! God even provided one in the trash at my apartment complex, so there was no trouble in getting it. I asked Clint to help me when he got home on Saturday night, and I was so excited when he and Laura appeared with it at my doorstep! I didn't even have to bring it up. Wow. Such great friends. I'm still praying for a bed and a microwave, among other things, to finish out what I need. God is such a great provider!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home