...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

big changes!

Today, finally, my school made a decision to hire someone to take my place. My last day is Wednesday - one week from today. They have been dragging their feet on this for a while and have told me a bunch of different stuff, mostly in the span of the past three days, about when I can leave. I really enjoy my kids there, but it was getting to the point where I had my eyes set on moving and being job free so that I can focus more on ministry and relationships in Suji. Plus, I think they got a really good guy. He's a connection I made through NKmissions.com. He wants to volunteer at a school for North Korean defectors while he's here in Seoul. I would also like to do that if my schedule permits now that it'll be more free, but I don't want to get overcommitted again for sure!

On Monday night, I signed a lease for my new apartment in Suji. It's probably about the same size as my current apartment, but it does have a separate bedroom area, so it seems a little nicer. It comes with a washing machine (under the stove) and a fridge, so that's excellent that I won't have to buy those things. I will have to buy some necessary things like a pot, a pan, a clothes drying rack, etc. I was just remembering tonight in prayer that when I lived in Dripping Springs, I needed a few things as a new homeowner. I made a list of the things I needed/wanted around the house and prayed over it. Not too long after that, Joe Gonzales, a friend from church, offered to give me a lawnmower. That just happened to be one of the things on my list! (I told him the story about how he was an answer to prayer and I remember him saying "Well, what else is on that list, Lela?) I love how God works. So, I was thinking about all the things I need as I move and I was just prompted to make another list and pray over it. I know God will provide, because He has a history of doing that!

Well, of course I'm making the time to update my blog when I really have a million other things to do. I need to pack, pack, pack. I took a small load in Jason's car tonight to store at Laura's apartment, just two floors above me. My plan was to be ready for the moment when they told me I could go, but I'm not so much there (other than mentally). So, I'll sign off for now. Tonight is packing and tomorrow morning is calling my real estate guy to get a move in date fixed and more calls to travel agents to try to get a good price on a ticket to Hong Kong in November for the conference I'm going to. Yay! Fun times.

2 Comments:

Blogger RD said...

Sounds like things are busy for you these days! I love reading about all your experiences. And I like your idea of praying over the list. I have this huge binder called "Thailand 2005" and in it is everything I need to get us to Thailand in January (well, almost.) I should just pray over that binder. I find myself praying and asking God to provide everything we need with few obstacles (from everything to tickets, visas, housing, getting our cat there, etc.) But I like the idea of praying over the binder. So Hong Kong in November? Have you been before? I LOVE Hong Kong - it is a city with so much energy and excitement. Enjoy :-)

2:22 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting, Rebecca! I haven't been to Hong Kong before. I'm really excited to go. I think one of the guys on the team is going to go, too, so I'll have someone to hang out with. Yay!

7:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home