...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Monday, September 20, 2004

good food, good friends, silly bank

Monday nights are one of my free nights, so today I called a friend to see if she wanted to hang out after I got off work. We met at a subway station nearby and went to Insadong, the place to go to buy traditional crafts - lots of pottery and paper. She had found a traditional restaurant for us to try. They served mostly North Korean style food, she said. It wasn't so different from the Korean food that I am used to, although it was a little. We had doenjang bibimbap and bindaedduk. It was tasty. After that, we met another friend and went to a tea shop. We sat on the floor near a window that opened out on the patio, and it got chillier as we stayed there. It rained most of the day today, so that made it a lot cooler. It's so nice. We had an excellent time just chatting about stuff. When we left, my cheeks hurt from laughing so much.

Today, I went to the bank during my lunch break to check on my card. I asked if they could make it into an automatic withdrawal transportation card, and they told me that it wasn't possible for foreigners. That's really funny, because Donnie and Shannon have that feature on their card. Oh well. The other funny thing is that they made me a new card to change the spelling and this time, they got my first name right but misspelled my last name. When I saw that, I just started laughing. I hadn't gotten frustrated with all of this until today, but still it made me laugh, so I couldn't stay frustrated very long. Seriously, I don't care anymore if I get one with the right spelling, because I don't think it matters. I kept the one with the misspelled first name instead of the misspelled last name. I guess I thought that Lele Sadler is funnier than Lela Saller, especially because some kids in the youth group in Dripping called me Lele as a nickname.

I just made some yummy milk tea and am going to snuggle up in my bed with the window open to read a little. Yay! Fall is excellent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home