...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Friday, September 10, 2004

fall is here

Two Fridays ago, I was walking near the Jamsil subway station with a Korean friend and she proclaimed "kah-ul itda" (fall is here). I don't know the exact Korean spelling, so I'll just leave it in the English form. There was a cool breeze and it felt really good. Since then, we've had a few hot days, but the nights have really been excellent. In Suji, it gets even cooler - my feet were cold as we prayed in Donnie and Shannon's apartment on Wednesday night with the windows open and the breeze flowing through. This morning, I pulled out my quilted robe to hang up in my bathroom again. This is the robe that, on my last night of packing before coming to Korea, my cousin Sarah told me "Don't do anything silly like not pack that robe. You're going to want it." She's a smart girl. I'm glad I have it.

Soon, we'll have leaves changing colors and soon after that it'll even be cold and snowy! One of the guys at our university life group said that when he stayed a year in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, he had a hard time believing a new year had come because it never snowed. He had lived in Korea all his life and that was one physical mark of time he could rely on!

Well, I wanted to post something because I feel like I've been neglecting my blog. Now that I have checked that off, I am gonna have a bagel and coffee before I head out to pick up my check card from the bank (finally! success in getting the check card!) and then on to work. Thanks for reading, friends!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

It is starting to get cooler here in Texas, too. It has been down in the 50's the past several nights. I'm so excited for fall! Not that we can anticipate snow, but at least this year it seems that we won't skip straight from hot summer to cold winter.

11:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home