...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Sunday, August 29, 2004

new phone!

After a year of using a HUGE PDA phone (it might sound cool, but it was an old model, and actually quite ugly...I had a friend who called it the dinosaur), I got a new phone yesterday. It's a normal size folding phone, and it has a mirror on the front. That makes it really Korean. There are mirrors everywhere you go in Korea, so it makes sense to need another one on the front of your cell phone. It also has a camera built in, so I can now participate in the traditional Korean custom of taking pictures of myself on the subway, or maybe even taking pictures of other people. My friend Koh helped me. He's the translator for the messages at our church. He was great. We went to Techno Mart, a huge 10 or so story mall with all the electronics you ever wanted. We went from booth to booth, comparing prices, and I finally decided. Yay.

Last night, my friend Kelli had a birthday party at Sizzler. It was so tasty. They have a buffet with a taco and burrito station that was near heaven. We went bowling afterward and took up four lanes -that was after some people went home! One guy, who just got to Korea a week or so ago, said "Who would have thought? I come to Korea and on the weekend, I go to Sizzler and then bowling!" It was a lot of fun.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?

12:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home