...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Monday, August 23, 2004

last week's recap

Had a good week last week. Tuesday is my life group. We now how have three life groups meeting at Whoever coffee shop (great name, huh?) in downtown Suji. This sorta happened without us planning it, but maybe we'll build a good relationship with the people of Whoever. Whoever they are. A few new people came and we started looking at a chapter a week from The Purpose Driven Life. I haven't read it before. It's pretty popular here in Korea, too, and one of the girls who comes wanted to read it together. At that rate, it'll take almost a whole year, but I guess that's OK. Afterwards, some of the girls from my group met up with the guys and went to the bathhouse. It was our first time to go in a while. Always a fun time!

Wednesday night, we have prayer together for the church. Most of the team comes and Treavor and Alina, our new friends who have started leading worship at church, come too. It's really good to have all those people there. This week, one of the faithful women from church came, too. It's so good to have all those people (last week it was 10 people) come together and agree. Not too long ago, it was just me and Jim Bob, or a really small group.

Thursday, I went to Once Upon a Blue Moon, a jazz bar, with my friend So Young. I hadn't seen her in about a million years, so it was good to catch up. We got to meet the singer, who wanted help understanding the lyrics she was singing, so that was fun.

Friday, I rented my first two DVDs in Korea. I was in the mood to stay home, order pizza, and watch movies, so I took advantage of a free Friday night to do it. I watched The Last Samurai and cried. Such a good movie. I also rented a Korean movie that won awards at the Cannes Film Festival, Old Boy, but it wasn't a good movie. Too bad.

Saturday was life group at Kyungwon, then lunch, a little shopping for a phone (no purchase yet) and then barbecue at Jim Bob's. This barbecue was so good because the weather has been nice and cool and lots of friends came over. Fun times.

Sunday, had lunch with Alina, then church and dinner. Some of the guys decided they wanted to walk around Seokchon Lake, the lake near where Jason and I live. So, they came to our building and we walked around with them. While doing that, one of the guys got a call from a girl another one of them likes, and we were asked to join them at a nore bang (karaoke room). We did, as a favor, and it was fun, but again, we Americans were outclassed by the seasoned veterans of the norebang. They all sing so well. Someday, I am going to go by myself just to practice so I can be in their league. :)

Today, a full day of work, and now I'm just hanging out at home. I have a lot I need to be doing, though, so I guess I'll go now. I just felt the need to update you on what you missed last week!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

Lela - I always enjoy reading about what is happening with you in South Korea -- and btw, I put a link to your blog on my blog (which I just started last week)....hope that is cool with you. :-)

11:28 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! Someone finally commented! Thanks, Jenni. I'm glad to be linked on your blog.

11:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home