...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Sunday, August 15, 2004

one year here!

I realized today that I passed the one year mark yesterday. The rest of the team passed it about a month ago, and I am finally with them in saying "I've been here a year!" when someone asks (which is a common question when you meet someone.) I celebrated my one year anniversary (without knowing it) by working from 11-6:30 (Fridays are the longest days), then making myself some dinner and cleaning up the apartment, then reading a bit before going to bed. I consider nights spent at home to be valuable, because they don't come so often.

Today, we had the university life group. Tonight was Treavor's birthday. Treavor and Alina came to work with the homeschooling section of NCD and have been coming to church with us. They recently began leading worship at church, which has been SUCH a blessing. We finally have a worship leader! So, we got to celebrate Treavor's birthday at Donnie and Shannon's apartment, hung out for a while there, and then Alina gave us all coins to go play arcade games at a local arcade. I'm not much of a video game person, but it was fun to see everybody getting into the games. I even played a few myself. Good times!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home