...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

taking the gospels seriously

Mike Cope's blog: "Really, it's a dangerous thing to teach the gospels. What if . . . well, what if some students took it seriously? What if they decided not to explain it away or dumb it down? What if they decided to follow the Way of Christ for a lifetime? What if -- without condemning others around them who've made different choices -- they chose not to live with a polite, domesticated version of the story of Jesus?"

This is from the blog of a preacher in my hometown of Abilene, Texas. I just started reading it lately. He has some good thoughts! I want to be a person who takes these gospels seriously! I want to live in the radical way of Jesus. Oh, Holy Spirit work in me!

As I write this, the rain outside starts coming down stronger. God, wash me in your presence so I can live the in the example Jesus sets for us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home