...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Sunday, September 19, 2004

rain songs

This morning, it was raining. It wasn't raining hard, just a little drizzle, when I went out jogging. My cute neighborhood store lady saw me walking by with no umbrella and she quickly offered to loan me one. I didn't take her up on it, but thought it was a nice offer. So, I went for a little jog around the lake near my house. I am really gonna miss this place when I move back to Suji. It's a perfect place to exercise - close, and the scenery is nice. I've been jogging there twice while it was raining, and both times, they had rain music playing. They must have a special "it's raining" mix. It includes "Raindrops keep falling on my head", "Somewhere over the rainbow", and a few other songs with rain in them. Really funny. I wonder if they have a music guy who is in charge of putting on the rain music when it starts raining. That would be a sweet job.

After a little exercise and a shower, I took off to Suji for our picnic. Scott is going home on Monday and we had a little church gathering in Suji. We wanted to have it outside, but it was still a bit rainy and wet, so we stayed inside. We spread out the picnic blankets on the floor in the living room and pretended it was a picnic. We had some tasty food. I made chocolate chip cookies, apricot and white chocolate scones (recipe from Rose Young, but they're not quite as good as hers), and some cream cheese and tortilla roll-ups. One of our church members from Alabama made some tasty barbecue in her crock pot, and we had a lot of other good stuff, too. Mmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home