...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Sunday, October 10, 2004

there's a last time for everything

Today was my last day to have to travel to Suji for church. That's a good thing! Jason helped me move a few more things over to store at Laura's for the next few days until I get the key to my apartment on Wednesday. I still have too much stuff left here, unfortunately. I am at that point where I'm wondering how I ended up with so much stuff. This happens every time I move. I just came to Korea with three suitcases (one brought by a friend who came ahead of me). And now, it's taking at least three carloads to get it all to my new place. Wow. Is that a blessing or a curse?

Tonight, we had a birthday party for our good friend Jey at Treavor and Alina's house in Suji. I brought out two brownie mixes and a box of Velveeta and Ro-tel that I brought from the States. I think my Dad brought me the Velveeta and Ro-tel when he came. They were all big hits. American food usually is a hit - with both the Koreans and Americans. Alina had made a pin the tail on the donkey game and we played Cranium, too. Fun times. With friends like these, sometimes it's hard to remember we're in a foreign country! (The Koreans who come probably feel that they enter a foreign country when they come to parties with all these Americans and Canadians!)

Tomorrow, I am having a last get together with a few girls at my apartment. It's getting pretty empty and boring looking, but it'll be fun to have one last fling here before I set sail for Suji. I'm gonna cook my two Korean specialties - doenjangjjigae and dduk bokki. Yum!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

So, how's the new place???

12:05 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

The new place is absolutely fabulous! It's excellent to be back in Suji, close to church and friends. Yay!

2:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home