...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Thursday, October 07, 2004

wonderful

This morning, I rode my bike to the subway station. I was on my way to pick up my plane ticket to Hong Kong so I can show it to immigration tomorrow. They are taking away my E2 visa since I won't be teaching English anymore and I have to show them that I am leaving the country in 30 days. Good thing I had planned to do that anyway! Anyhow, I was stopped at a crosswalk and a middle aged guy comes up to me and says "You are very wonderful." I just laughed a little and said thank you. Then, he asked where I was from. I told him America. He said "America is a strong country. You are strong woman." I was thankful the light changed then, but I was really happy to have a fun reason to smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home