...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Monday, November 08, 2004

hong kong!

Here I am in Hong Kong, well on the outskirts of Hong Kong, anyway. I'm at a conference that's meeting at a YMCA campground facility. We all have rooms, not tents, though. :) The weather is excellent. I'm wearing a t-shirt and flip flops! I met some Philipino ladies today, though, who were saying that it was a bit chilly. Ha!

I was going to go into Hong Kong tonight, but I got sidetracked at a huge mall with at least three grocery stores in it and found lots of Western food at reasonable prices. I bought marshmallows, Cheetos, and about 10 boxes of mac and cheese. I'll share the mac and cheese with some lucky friends back in Korea, I think. It was only like fifty cents a box! I ate at Hardee's, where they had roast beef and cheddar sandwiches, curly fries, and mashed potatoes! Hello! I passed on the mashed potatoes, but might have to go back to try them out later in the week. Oh, and before I leave the food topic, they also have breakfast foods at the McDonald's here. Oh my goodness, I sure did have an egg mcmuffin when I got off the plane today.

I've already met a bunch of interesting people, and am praying for the kingdom connections I'll make in the next few days.

2 Comments:

Blogger RD said...

Lela,
Enjoy all that yummy food! I remember going to HK every 3 months (at least) when we lived in Beijing (this was back when there was NOTHING remotely western in Beijing). We would fly into the airport (the old one on Kowloon, not the new one) and head straight to the Pizza Hut for pizza and strawberry shakes - seems like a weird combination now but some of the best meals of my life! Enjoy :-)

Rebecca

11:02 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I can understand how yummy good pizza and strawberry shakes would be, even though we have Pizza Huts in Seoul galore. Hong Kong IS excellent, though!

4:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home