...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Monday, November 22, 2004

Today's Top 10

I was going to start at ten and work my way up, but that's too difficult. So, here we go - starting with number one...

1. My house in Dripping FINALLY rented. It's only for a few months, but that's a few more months of me not having to pay rent here and mortgage there. Yay!
2. Had a great time with three friends for dinner - a restaurant where they have about 50 kinds of omurice, a fusion food
3. A great time at a board game cafe with my friends after dinner. I tied with 옥자 in Halli Galli twice! (I can usually never win that game.)
4. A man saw me jogging on the street today and stopped to say one word: gorgeous. Ha! Living in Korea is fun.
5. Laughing at Jim Bob and Eric on the bus to Namdaemoon market today. Those boys are funny.
6. A man offering to hold my bag on the way home tonight. (It's common for people to do this if they have a seat and you don't. This was a long bus ride, so it was appreciated!)
7. Getting the Korean phrase almost right to say thanks to him: "제 가방 들어주셔서 감사합니다. Thanks for holding my bag." (I text messaged it to Koh to check it, but then chickened out and didn't say it to the guy.)
8. Having an ice cream cone after lunch - "I Am Sam"(a flavor at Baskin Robbins.) Mmmm. So good.
9. A lovely morning at home reading.
10. Finishing this list. I can't think of a good number 10.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a really fantastic list of top 10s! I enjoy your blog and I'm glad you enjoy my xanga. By the way I'm thrilled to hear your house has new tenants. I can't imagine the weight that must take off your shoulders. You are awesome! love, julie

9:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey girl, what a great list!!! thanks for the encouraging post on my xanga site! it has been pretty difficult, but God is faithful! Glad to hear things are going well with you and the team. tell evryone i said hello. lots of love and prayers, andrea* xx

8:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home