...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Saturday, December 11, 2004

texas

I got in to Dallas yesterday morning. Culture shock began when I got through customs and began to notice that I could understand everything people were saying as I walked past people in conversations and people on cell phones. Crazy.

I rented a car and then drove to meet my friend Jacquie. We had a tasty Mexican food (yeah!) lunch together. I didn't have another friend to meet until dinner, so I went shopping - bought some jeans and shoes. I was at Target, coming out of the bathroom, and a little wide-eyed girl whose mom was changing the other baby's diaper looked at me and said, "What, you don't have any babies?" It was so funny. I told her no, and then she said, "See, my mom has babies." I said, "Yes she does!" Then the little girl pointed to the fake plant in the bathroom and said, "Is that plant real?" I told her no, then she said, "It doesn't need water? So, how do you take care of it?" It was just a great conversation we were having. Her mom was laughing and commented on how many questions her daughter asks. I then said goodbye. Funny encounters with people aren't confined to foreign countries!

I met my friends Paul and Terri at their house for dinner after driving for about a million hours in traffic. It's been nice to drive again, but I can really say after last night that public transportation is a good thing. I'm glad I don't have to drive in Seoul. Had a great visit with them. They made some enchiladas, beans, and rice! I was happy to eat Mexican food again. I drove to Denton to my cousin's house, and by this time was totally worn out. I got a lovely night's rest, though, and feel excellent today after a shower, a cup of coffee, and a cinnamon crunch bagel from Panera bread. Oh my goodness, I love fresh bagels and cream cheese in the morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home