...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

still gotta pack

But I'm gonna write a little entry before I finish packing.

I spent today wrapping presents to take home, trying to call the always busy immigration office, and running last day errands. We had prayer tonight and two of the Korean ladies came to join us! That was good. One of them brought me a handmade scarf, rainbow colored! I love it.

Last week, one of Shannon's life groups came to my house for lunch and they brought gifts, then they saw that I had borrowed dishes to have enough to feed them with and they said they were going to bring me some things later. So, they came over the next night and brought at least three big sacks full of stuff. I inherited a colorful rug, a cute table cloth, many dishes, and a LOT of silverware. It's really good, because Laura still needed some stuff and Valerie, a new friend, needed a lot of stuff, so I was able to pass on what I couldn't use. What a blessing!

Tonight, when I got home from prayer, there was a note on my door from Valerie. Her heat still wasn't working, so we went to visit the security man and he sent someone up. The guy he sent up was the building engineer. (I didn't know we had one!) I think he'd been enjoying his evening before he got a call...he smelled like a bit of soju. He was overly helpful. He showed us how to turn on the valves to make it work, and stayed around for a while, asking for a drink and making conversation. I think he liked Valerie- he kept mentioning how pretty she was! So, that gave us something to laugh about. When he left the apartment, he said "I'm so happy!"

So, I'm leaving for Texas tomorrow. Pray about my visa with me. I think I want to try to get a student visa, but I don't know if it'll be too complicated.

Now, for the packing and some sleep! See you in Texas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home