...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Sunday, December 19, 2004

driving

I just got back to Austin so I can go to church tomorrow at my church in Dripping Springs. I love the drive from Abilene to Austin...today, I passed over Lake Brownwood with the 3 o'clock sun shining over the water, and enjoyed the golden fields alongside the long stretches of road as I listened to a book on CD from my mom. Not bad for unwinding time. I also realized I love it when good ol' boys let you pass by pulling over to the shoulder. When I passed them, I gave them the "thanks" motion by lifting my hand from the steering wheel for them to see through the rear window. They always lift their hand in response. Just a little feeling of community right there - pretty insignificant, but fun anyway.

I filled up most of my time this week by just meeting friends and spending time with family. It's been really good. It almost feels normal, but then I snap back when the cashier asks for my zip code or phone number and I give them my parents', but am tempted to give them my numbers from Korea, then realize that would be too hard to explain.

I'm looking forward to this next week! I finally get to see my sister and brother in law on Tuesday, then my cousins, aunts, uncles, and gramaw on my dad's side later this week. Yay for Christmas get togethers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home