...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Austin Christmas

I've been at my grandma's house for a few days, visiting with her and a few other Austin and Dripping Springs friends. The past few days I've been running around less and enjoying time in her neighborhood more. This morning, I took a walk after making a sweet potato casserole for dinner tonight. It's warm today. The mail carrier was wearing shorts, but I also see people in sweaters and scarves...I guess because they think it's December and that's what they're supposed to wear. I walked past little girls playing in the piles of leaves their dad had just raked together, somebody practicing on his drum set in the garage, a guy in a convertible singing along to "Jingle Bell Rock," and neighbors talking in the front yard. It's fun to enjoy the community feeling around here.

Tonight is Christmas with my mom's side of the family here in Austin. I'm taking a break from helping my grandma get the feast ready, but we seem to have it under control. My parents, sister, and brother in law are headed in from Abilene and my uncle and his family will come over tonight, too.

Sunday, I got to see everybody at church again. I had lunch with a family from church that was trying to set me up with a guy, but since it was spur of the moment, it didn't work out. That was a bit of a relief, but I was curious about what he would be like, too. Sunday night, I got to go to the Austin Trail of Lights with my favorite twin friends, then we went to eat at my favorite pizza place afterwards.

Yesterday, I got to eat at Hula Hut, probably my favorite restaurant in Austin, with a good friend from when I taught in Dripping, then later went to see a movie with another family from church. It's been a good, relaxing trip so far filled with lots of good times with friends and family, and it's only half over!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

Yum, Hula Hut! Hope your family time is sweet and rewarding. My plans are firm now for my trip to Abilene from Dec 24-29 - call me if you are there and let's catch up for a few minutes.

5:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home