...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Monday, April 26, 2004

how's the weather?

That's one of the songs we sing in my G1 class- "how's the, how's the weather, how's the how's the weather?" Today the answer is "it's rainy! it's rainy! it is rainy now!" I really like rain. It makes me feel all cozy and reflective.

I spent the night after I got off work at a little coffee shop not too far from my house reading a most excellent book - The Heavenly Man by Brother Yun. It's an autobiography about a leader of house churches in China. It's absolutely incredible - the things this guy has gone through and his passion for God, God's word, and spreading it. I highly recommend it. If you think you have had to suffer anything because of being a Christian, you'll most likely see whatever you have had to endure as absolutely nothing. He tells about miracles he's experienced from asking God for healing for his father to receiving a Bible when there were no Bibles to be found in China to escaping multiple times from prison under amazing circumstances. You have to read this book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home