...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Sunday, February 20, 2005

argh...

I just typed out a long weekend update and then I pressed publish (at least I think that's what I pressed) and it only published the title. That's no fun. Now, do I want to write it again? Maybe a shorter version.

Friday, we had a combined guy/girl life group party. It started at JimBob's, then we split up. Some came to my apt. to play games. We had a good time, but I think the whole switching apartment thing was a little confusing. JB has the biggest place, but it's still not big enough for a party of any size. When it gets warmer, maybe we'll plan another party on our newly renovated roof!

Saturday, I went with Laura, JiYeon, and Julie to give blood. JiYeon had made a lot of phone calls to make sure us foreigners could give, but it ended up that we couldn't. So, just JiYeon gave. They apologized up one side and down the other, but we weren't actually that disappointed. We really went to support JiYeon anyhow. After giving blood, we came back to my apartment and made leftover pizza on crusts that I had made for the party on Friday, then we watched Val's "A Beautiful Mind." I love that movie. I've seen it three times and cried every time.

Today, we had our team meeting, then lunch, then church. We had our first drama at church, planned and directed by Alina! It was great. Afterwards, we had tak-kalbi, one of my favorite Korean dishes, then went bowling. I scored something like 119, 76, 134. I don't know what happened in that middle game. Well, actually, I don't know what happened in the first and last games. Normally, I don't get above a hundred, but with JimBob and Jason's coaching :), I'm gettin' better. Actually, in the States, I went bowling maybe once a year. Here, we go a lot more often than that, so maybe it's just more practice.

It got a lot colder today, so I came home, made a big mug of milk tea, and finished my Korean homework for tomorrow. Now, I'm finishing typing this for the second time and it's time for bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home