...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Monday, February 07, 2005

another chance

I love living in Asia, because you get two chances at a fresh start on the year. They celebrate the solar new year when Westerners do, but their big new year celebration is 설날, the lunar new year. Since I didn't make much time to reflect on the past year on January first ( I was traveling back and then had a million things to do once I got back to Korea on the third), I am glad to have this week off school to take some reflection time. I'm going skiing with a group from church, but I'll probably just ski one day. I am having to make myself do that, actually, because I'm a little scared of skiing. The last time I went was my freshman year of college...umm, about 10 years ago? Ouch. I was really bad then, so I don't have high hopes for this time. Anyhow, it'll be fun to stay at the condo with friends and get in some good reading time in if nothing else. I have a stack of books I want to read that I haven't had a chance to pick up since I got back. I also need to get a little ahead on my Korean studies so I'll be ready to go again next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home