...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Thursday, February 17, 2005

sunny day

After two drizzly, rainy days, today is sunny and WARM! It's so nice outside, I changed into some 운동복 (exercise clothes) and am going outside for a little jog. Yay! I checked the weather online, though, and it's expected to turn cold again for the weekend. That's OK. I'm in no hurry for hot weather to come.

I changed my phone from English language to Korean language today (the menus and display). We were talking about phones, messages, answering machines, etc. today in class, so I figured I'd get more practice if I had to figure my phone out in Korean. Even though I'm used to using it in English, it makes me think when I see the Korean words there. I'm understanding a lot more of what I hear and read, but still have a long way to go. When I'm not busy on the bus, I read signs and ads as I pass and on the inside of the bus. It used to just give me practice sounding things out, but now, since I understand more, I can get practice spelling things, and can figure out what unknown words mean from the context clues. (Context clues - that word takes me back to elementary school reading class!) It's pretty exciting stuff to be able to use a foreign language, but still frustrating when I can't say what I want.

Now...off to enjoy this sun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home