...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Sunday, January 02, 2005

in tokyo

I'm at an internet kiosk in the Tokyo airport, disappointed I couldn't make the earlier flight home to Seoul. I thought, by some miracle, that I could make the connection to a flight that left less than an hour after my plane landed. I could have, if my bags had been checked through, but they wouldn't schedule me for that flight because the connection was too short. So, I am spending the night here and flying out tomorrow morning at 10. I am hoping now that I can get some sleep and do some end of the year reflecting while I'm stuck.

I had a lovely time in Texas. I ended it with a few days at home in Abilene with my parents, one night with my brother-in-law's parents (so I could drive to Kentucky with my sister and her husband the next day), and three nights with them in Kentucky. My cousin Sarah even came to spend a few days at their house, too. It was fun to see their house, walk around their neighborhood, and spend new year's eve with them. We made sour cream chicken enchiladas, beans, and rice for our new year's eve dinner. It was really good. We thought about staying up the whole night, since we had to leave at 4:30am to go to the airport for my flight, but we decided in the end to take a nap before we headed out. I slept pretty well on the plane as a result of not getting much sleep beforehand, so it worked out.

Happy new year! I'll write from Seoul soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home