...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Monday, June 14, 2004

story

Last night, I watched "Classic" a Korean love story on my computer. Jey, a Korean friend, and Jason got it for me. Jey recommended it because he has seen it twice. I told them I was in the mood for a love story, so that's what they brought me. They gave up within the first 15 minutes and went back down to Jason's apartment to play on his playstation 2. Guys. Anyway, I enjoyed it even though it was cheesy. Cheesy Korean is much more excusable than cheesy American, partly because I enjoy hearing the Korean and matching the words I recognize with the English subtitles.

I listened to a sermon online the other day that talked about how when we watch movies, we connect with a story. That's the way God wants us to connect with Him - to join in His story. Today, as I was walking up the stairs to get on the subway, I was more aware of the story I'm in right now...the story of what God is doing in Korea. He has invited me here to connect and learn from the people here, as well as (or as a part of) reaching out to them and ministering to them. I know that He has me here partly as a time of preparation, purification, and learning. I'm glad to be here and so excited to live out what He has for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home