...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Thursday, June 10, 2004

multitasking

I am realizing more and more how I am rarely satisfied in doing one thing at a time. This isn't good, I don't think. Tonight, I ate dinner while checking my e-mail, worked on putting some scriptures together (for adding an experiential element to Sundays service) while listening to music, watched a movie (Big Fish - my first movie to watch in a month or two! it was good) while giving myself a pedicure, and now I'm listening to my Korean language tape while eating popcorn and typing an entry into my blog. I'm also waiting for Jason to get here, because he asked me to help him unload his second shipment of stuff he's moving to his apartment. I guess waiting doesn't count as a task in multitasking, though.

One bad thing about multitasking is that it makes me impatient when I can't get more than one thing done at once. One thing I do enjoy doing without feeling a need to do something else at the same time is praying, but sometimes it takes me a while to get to that point where I am free of enough stuff to really give all my attention to God. Of course, that's not the only way to pray (you can pray all day while you do stuff, too) but it's necessary for me to have that kind of prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home