...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

bike: found

Jason and I were walking to dinner tonight at my favorite hole in the wall restaurant (I'm showing him my favorites since he just moved into the same building as me yesterday) and I saw my bike! Yes, my bike that was stolen last Monday. Since it was stolen, my Dad bought me a new one that's really nice. So, I took my little portable air pump off the bike and left it there since it was locked. Jason and I ate our dinner, then walked back by, wondering if I should do something. We called Koh, the guy who gave me the bike, and he thought we should do something about it. Mr. Moon, the guy who's in charge of all the extra stuff at our hogwan, was meeting Jason at his apartment to help with the internet set up, so I got him to come look at it with me. He tried the apartment manager, but he wasn't there. He finally called the police and then after the police came, the boys who were riding the bikes came down. The police asked where they got the bike. The kid said he got it from a friend. The police got his address and phone number, my address and phone number, and then let me take the bike. The kid started to cry after the policeman asked him a bunch of questions. I should have just left the bike with him after the policeman scared him, but I didn't. I didn't think about that til later. Now I feel bad about it, especially since I have two bikes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

Well, since you got your air pump back (which is the money you put into the free bike), maybe you could take it back to the kids.... It sure wouldn't hurt anything - unless there was something cultural that would make it weird.

3:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home