...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

buddha's birthday

Today was buddha's birthday, so us working folk got the day off. There is supposed to be a lantern festival where they put them out on the water with some meaning involved, but I think that was Sunday. I didn't go, although I would like to sometime, if for nothing but the sake of taking some cool pictures. I spent the day getting some stuff checked off my to-do list (like my TAXES finally!) and then I rode my bike to Olympic Park and explored for a while and then sat down in the sculpture garden to read for a bit. It was really nice today - a little overcast and cool. I rode by a buddhist temple in my neighborhood and took some pictures of the lanterns. You can see them on my photo link on the right.

I came home, made some pizza dough, then decided I was too hungry to wait for it to rise and all, so I made some pretty tasty spaghetti. Then, Jason called and asked if I wanted to go to Costco. Yay! I got excited. He came and picked me up and I stocked up on diet coke, ground pork, cereal, and some other good stuff. I saw a little girl from my K6 class there with her mom and she ran up to me and jumped in my arms. That made my day! How cute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home