...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

hula hoops and singing

I'm sitting on my bed, writing a little blog entry, and singing. When I first moved here, I realized I could hear a lot of what happens in the other little apartments around me (for instance, one of my neighbors apparently has no job, because I can hear him losing his cookies almost every morning after), so I didn't sing to myself so much. Now, I sing to myself a lot. I remember when Jason bought his car, he said he realized how much he missed singing out loud to himself in the car. I sort of sing out loud even around other people as long as I feel sorta comfortable around them, so my team has to suffer through that anyhow. Somehow, I think it makes me feel more at home here to listen and sing along to my music.

There is a drama unfolding at work with one of the other teachers, so it's a little stressful there as of late (although, not so much for me as for the people who actually have to deal with it). Today after work, I went for a little jog around the lake/park near my house, then to dinner at the local food court. I did some post-workout hula hooping on my bed (it's the only place in my apartment where there is enough space for hula hooping.) I bought in to the Korean workout trend of painful hula hooping for fitness. My hula hoop has these plastic knobs on the inside that are supposed to stimulate your circulation or something. It must be really healthy, because it is really painful to use. I am totally crazy for buying it, but I'm getting better and I don't get bruises from it anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home