...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Thursday, May 13, 2004

raw fish

Tonight after work, I went over to my Korean co-workers apartment where we waited for her kids to get out of tae kwon do and then we went to eat at a raw fish restaurant. I have eaten japanese style sushi and sashimi before in the states, but I hadn't experienced it in Korea yet. She chose a really good place. The side dishes alone were more than enough to fill us up. They were so good - cheese corn, caviar rice in a hot pot, raw tuna in wrapped in crispy seaweed (kim), fried shrimp, fried potatoes, boiled quail eggs, salted fish, kimchi, clam soup, baked figs and squash, plus more...that was all before the main dish of raw fish that you wrap in lettuce leaves with garlic and hot pepper paste. Wow. It was pretty expensive, but she insisted on paying. So tasty. After dinner, she took me to Wal-Mart in her car. It's not much like Wal-Mart at home, but they do have a little better selection than your average store of more American style foods. I'm thankful anytime someone takes me to the store in their car anyway. It makes it so nice to just put your stuff in the car instead of lugging it onto the bus, subway, or walking home with big grocery bags in both hands!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home