...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Friday, January 07, 2005

a student again

I started Korean language school today. I really enjoyed it. My class is only four people, and one of them might move up a level, so they are thinking about shortening the hours (for the same fee) so that they can afford to have such a small class. I guess that's fair. Anyhow, in my class there's a Japanese guy, a Russian lady, and another American from Wisconsin. The American's parents are Korean and she's married to a Korean. I also met another girl, who's in the level below me, who is from Estonia. She's dating a Korean guy, but she also wants to learn Korean for her job back in Estonia. I almost didn't talk to her, but we ended up walking side by side on the way to the classroom. I'm glad I did. She was really nervous about being there, but loosened up a lot in our conversation on the walk over. I told her I had been to St. Petersburg. She goes there almost every week, and she commented that it's a really small world.

I finally got internet in my apartment. I'm SO glad because I needed to do some cutting and pasting of Korean scripture from biblegateway.com into a handout for our retreat tomorrow. It's so cold outside that it would have been almost impossible to do on my computer in the courtyard. I turned up the heat a little in my apartment, so it's nice and toasty sitting here on the floor. (Korea has heat that comes up from the floor. It's so great.)

So, tomorrow, we have our first leadership retreat. Pray with us that we are able to impart the heart of leadership and that God would fill the future leaders of this church up with passion for His name and renown.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lela. My name is Neil. I live in Anyang and am considering taking the Korean program at Ajou. I would love to get some input from you about your experience there. I hope you can contact me. That is if you still check this page.
Thanks
Neil
neilinkorea@yahoo.com

3:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home