...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

오늘은 개교기념 이에요!

Today is our school's anniversary, so I have the day off. Yay! It's a tradition for schools to take the day off on the anniversary of their founding date. I've been in level three of Korean language for almost a week now. I am enjoying it a lot more than level two. Our teacher is really funny (our reading teacher is kinda scary, but we only have her for one hour a day) and we have a bigger class with students from all over. We have a French guy, two Russian girls, four Chinese students, two girls from Sri Lanka, and a girl from Kazakhstan (I don't know how to spell that one). I'm the lonely American, but that will make me speak in Korean more with the other students. The teacher pulled me and the Russian lady who took level two with me aside and asked us if she was speaking too slowly or going through things too slowly. She's actually much faster than our previous teacher, so we were really surprised that she asked us that. She said we wrote really well in our homework, so she was wondering if we were bored. I'm far from bored. It takes all my concentration to stay with her when she talks in class and take notes at the same time. That's really good for me, though.

The weather is getting warmer. We had a lot of rain on Saturday, then Sunday the sun came out and surprised us with a beautiful, warm day. Yesterday the sun showed up enough for me to go to the roof with my picnic mat after school and read. It was windy up there, though, so I was still in jeans and a jacket, but the sun felt so good. Last night and this morning, I did my taxes (just to get them done...I'm afraid they're not done very thoroughly, but I think it'll be ok since I think I just need to file so I don't get in trouble) and now I think I'll head over to the library so I can study and be prepared for Korean tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home