...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

and tomorrow, back to school

It was an absolutely beautiful day. Today was the Korean equivalent of Arbor day. I went to the Seoul Museum of Art downtown with Val. I had some sort of longing to absorb some art after reading the books I've been reading. (I know, I can't stop talking about them, but tomorrow, I'll be absorbed in studying again.) Afterwards, we went to Deoksu palace next door and watched Koreans pose skillfully for pictures next to the first blooms of spring that appeared in random sunny spots. I wore my chaco sandals with jeans and a long sleeved shirt. I took along my sweatshirt jacket, but didn't need it. I love this time of the year when your feet are reminded of what air feels like, when the top of your jeans brush against your toes when you climb the stairs. When I got home, I realized my face had a little bit of new color in it from the sun. Yay!

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie VW said...

Hee Hee - Asher Lev makes me want to "absorb art" as well.

I'm really enjoying your posts and insights Lela, Keep writing and good luck with school!

1:49 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for visiting, Julie. i'm glad someone out there understands...no one i know here has read the books yet.

6:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you keep posting about Asher Lev, I might have to bump him to the top of the stack of "must-reads" on my night stand. :) Your comments about the start of spring make me want to be outside! What am I doing in front of a computer...?! KA :)

2:38 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm telling you, I think they are must reads. I've read three of his books in the past two weeks. I just finished the third one today. Now, I should probably go back to reading some other stuff that was on my must read list before I started this craze.

11:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home