...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Monday, March 21, 2005

small things

I guess my decision is made. I just paid the fee for the next 10 weeks of classes at the Korean language school I'm at. We have our final this Thursday, then a week off, then school starts again. Sometime this week I need to get my visa changed to a student visa so I don't have to leave the country, and I need my registration fee receipt to do that. A small thing to be excited about: I just had the entire phone conversation with the secretary at the language school in Korean. It really is a small thing considering all I said was "Hi, it's Lela." "I just paid the money for the next semester." "Is it possible to get the receipt tomorrow?" I did understand what she said in between, too, and responded, so that's an extra few points. Talking on the phone is way harder than face to face. I wouldn't be excited at all if I had said those things in person to my teacher.

Well, thought all you (whoever you are ;) who read this blog might want to share that bit of excitement with me. Now back to my regularly scheduled program....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Lela! You're a good little Korean speaker.

Laura

8:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally impressed - way to go!
:) Kristin

11:26 AM

 
Blogger RD said...

Way to go! I can, of course, totally relate. I get very excited when I can have any sort of semi-conversation with anyone in Thai. Keep it up!

8:23 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the support, friends.

9:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home