...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Saturday, March 19, 2005

learning Korean: my current obsession

Last night, I stayed up too late working on putting together some video clips to send to my church at home as they requested. I tried to get some other people to do it for me, because I didn't realize how easy it was and I generally don't like to spend time on techie stuff. Anyway, Jason was really nice and said he would actually do it if I gave him the clips. Then, I sat down to cue up the tapes and ended up making a little video myself. Window Media Maker is really easy! Anyhow, I just have to make it prettier with some transitions and maybe some music or words to explain a few things and I'll be done. I bought this camera so I could send videos home, but haven't been motivated to edit anything yet. Thanks, Community Fellowship, for motivating me!

This morning I didn't want to get up, but was awakened by a wrong number and decided I needed to. I made some frothed milk for my coffee to make the morning a little more fun. I've had a lot of thoughts floating around in my head to blog about, but because I've been trying to get caught up studying for my final Korean test on Thursday, I haven't made much time to do other stuff.

I've been trying to decide what I should do about learning Korean. My level of speaking isn't where I feel comfortable or competent to carry on a good conversation, although under the right circumstances (a person who speaks to my level), I have good moments. I toyed with the idea of finding another school that focused on conversation more, but it would likely be pretty far from where I live now and it would be a lot of hassle to find that school, check it out, take a level test, etc. So, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stay at my current school for another 10 weeks at level 3. I am also pretty seriously thinking about moving into a Korean speaking household so I can get everyday conversation. I haven't asked anyone yet, but am gonna ask someone at our church to see if they would consider it or if they know anyone else who would. It's a pretty scary thing, because I like living in my own place so much, but I think it's necessary for my Korean ability.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home