...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Thursday, March 24, 2005

first 10 weeks finished!

I took my final test this morning, and I think it went pretty well. It felt easier than the midterm test, probably because I knew the format better. There was only one word I didn't know that I was supposed to make a sentence with, and a few "find the mistake" questions where I couldn't figure out what was wrong on the grammar section. The reading and the listening parts were pretty easy, though. Anyhow, now I have a sort of spring break for the next week and a half. My plan is to try to get four hours of studying in every week day like I do in class. I'll let you know how I do...that way, I'm accountable. :)

After the test, I took my tuition receipt for next semester to the Suwon immigration office, because I needed to change my visa to a student visa so I wouldn't have to leave the country. That place is like heaven compared to the one in Seoul. It's much less crowded and the people were much nicer. The only frustrating thing was that I had to get my picture taken for the application, so I went upstairs to the photo machine and paid my 5,000won (about 5 bucks). It said I had to move the stool to make sure my face was inside the red circle on the mirror, and then as I was doing that, it took the picture! I wish I had a scanner so I could show you how goofy I am. I actually thought it would wait for me to get it adjusted, so I have a set of six passport sized pictures of my left shoulder and the back of my head. After I paid my second 5,ooo won, I was so ready for the picture that I look like a deer caught in headlights. (I'm glad I don't have a scanner to show you that, but unfortunately I will have that picture on my foreigner registration card!)

If I didn't know better, I would promise you guys that winter is on its way. It snowed today! It was really beautiful. With the wind blowing and the huge flakes, it felt like the inside of a just shaken snowglobe, and it ended just about as fast, too. I'm glad I was outside to see it. Hopefully, though, the next week that I have off will bring some more spring like weather. I'm ready to spend some time outside without shivering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home