...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

God, let it stop!

I checked my e-mail this morning before work and saw the headline on yahoo news that a Korean had been beheaded. The news of the American last week really shocked me and the news of Kim Sun Il this morning made me really sad. I haven't supported the war in Iraq, but I haven't really had much of an opinion on it either. Today, though, I just want it to be over. I want everyone to come home. I watched the office manager today at school watch the news over the internet, seeing his fellow countryman killed for nothing. I saw some stills of Kim's family deeply grieving for their son. I read some blogs of Americans in Korea with their views - some of whom think Korea should now send more troops to Iraq now that one of their men died. I know it's complicated. I don't want to get into politics, but I hate all this. Something changed in me today as I watched the news come in. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm saddened. I feel a little closer to the Korean people and yet a little further away, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home