...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Thursday, June 02, 2005

two shirts and a shirt story

Two shirts I've seen recently that are just funny:
One is worn often by a Russian girl in our class. It says, in small letters on a striped background, so it's not that easy to read, but still noticeable if you take the time to read it:
"what are some fun games to play naked?"
Another I just saw in large pink and green letters on a girl at the bus stop:
"ARE YOU ENJOY HAPPY?"

Just thinking of funny ways English is used, here's a funny story from my childhood. One Christmas my Mom bought a plaid shirt for our younger cousin. We were pretty good then about writing thank you notes after Christmas, so our cousin (who shall remain nameless for the protection of the embarrassed) wrote in her thank you note: "Thank you so much for the plaid shit." She just forgot the "r". Ha. That makes me laugh still. I think my Mom still has that card in a drawer in the living room. We used to pull it out quite often to laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home