...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

i really just want to extol the benefits of napping on a bus

I took a bus into Seoul today (I do almost every Tuesday for one of two different meetings). A great thing about Suji is that even though there's no subway, there are these direct buses that will take you into Seoul pretty quickly. I left a little early with plans to eat in Itaewon, which is on the way to one of the places I go. So, it was about 5 o'clock when I got on...perfect time for a nap on the bus. It's really hard to describe the lovely effect of a nap on a bus (with seats that recline) when you stayed up too late the night before. The amazing thing about taking a nap on public transportation is that you almost always wake up at just the right time to get off. I've never missed a stop because I was sleeping. After my nap, I ate a great kebab at a Turkish restaurant in Itaewon, the international street of Seoul near the army base (which isn't a place I enjoy, but there is great food to be found there) and then I walked to the meeting in the rain. What a lovely evening!

2 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

I frequently sleep during my subway commute and I completely agree! It can be very relaxing (although we don't have reclining seats - that would be nice) and it's a very efficient use of time :) It's amazing how your internal alarm lets you know exactly when it's time to go. On the way to work, if I miss my stop by even one stop I'll end up in Brooklyn... haven't missed it yet.

1:11 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

yeah, we only have reclining seats on the big buses that go into seoul from the outskirts...they
sure are nice!

2:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home