...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

a typical night

It's almost midnight. I got home just before the parents did about 30 minutes ago and the kids hadn't done any homework until the parents walked in the door. Now both girls are yelling at their mom at about three minute intervals to help them with something or get them some water and I'm thinking this is pretty crazy.

Our Korean midterm is Friday. I spent almost all day on Saturday (10:30-5 with a break for lunch) in the library studying, but haven't studied much since then because of here and there commitments. I'm hoping the next two days will be a little more free. I did get a little jogging time in and also watched two Korean movies on DVD over the weekend. I still read the subtitles in English, but it's good practice to hear it.

I am getting my visa to go to China this summer this week, and I think I have a plane ticket. That's exciting. I'm starting to think how I need to get rid of more stuff and get ready to be there for a while, because I think I'm gonna stay for at least a year to teach English conversation at a university. Did I already mention that? Well, it is late and there are yelling girls around, so I'm not thinking clearly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

Wait - you're moving to China? I'm confused!

11:44 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, it's not completely for sure yet, but I think I am moving to China. :)

1:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home