...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Friday, May 13, 2005

level 3 midterm finished!

I got home from school early today because we had our midterm. I wanted to study a lot more for it, but I think I did pretty well anyhow. My purpose in taking the class isn't to get a good grade, but to learn the language, and while I am sure that studying more will result in learning more, spending too much time on memorizing words and grammar rules isn't in my mind the most important way to learn the language. I did spend a good three hours, if not longer, yesterday evening at a coffee shop so I could study without the distractions of my home. Our test consisted of a thirty minute listening test, a grammar/writing test, and a reading comprehension test. In the middle of the written tests, we were called out to talk one on one with the teacher.

I came home to a cell meeting that the mom of the family I live with is a part of. After they left, I ate the leftovers of what they had for lunch (bulgogi, which was really good) and the mom asked me to make some cookies. I have to go to my Friday job in about an hour, so I told her I didn't have time but would make something for them later during the weekend. This morning, she asked me if pizza dough can also be used to make cookies. I told her that probably wouldn't work. I already had some pizza dough made and in the freezer from last time, so she asked me this afternoon to make some pizza instead of cookies. She already had the dough thawed and ready for me. :) I really think that God has given me a lot of patience, either so I can live here or because I live here. Probably both. In my mind, I'm thinking that it's weird to ask people to make stuff for you on demand, but I don't feel irritated. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home